Tuesday, August 30, 2011

mrs. robinson

There are a couple parts to this post today.



I'll start with work last week. Holy shitake mushrooms Batman. Turns out the hospital doesn't care too much about outrageous nurse-patient ratios when it comes to hiring enough people to staff the floors. Thursday on telemetry each nurse had 8 patients. They are only supposed to have 5 each. Seriously?? We had 7 patients a piece that day with the charge taking a full group. This is getting absurd. Even more absurd is that on the next schedule everyone is going on maternity leave or going to new jobs entirely, so we are even more barebones staffed. And no one is being hired who can replace these positions. A slew of new grads were hired but they all just started orientation and will be on it for the next 2-3 months. Only a couple of experienced nurses were hired. Let's just say the people who are leaving the floor are certainly not regretting it at this point.

The next things for today are much more positive in nature. :)

The past few days I have been off of work and since Corey works 9 hours every day, I am home alone a lot. Which leaves me pretty bored most of the time. I am mostly unmotivated in keeping busy with household chores, so I have to find little projects and things to do to occupy myself.

Yesterday, I went to Ulta Beauty (which I had been planning on doing for a while) to look at nail polish. I had been itching to get some pink or purple glitter polish and maybe another muted pink color. I left with just that. I wanted a solid color polish that was infused with very fine shimmery glitter. I don't like the clear glitter polishes, because I think they look silly. I ended up getting OPI nail lacquer in "It's My Year" from the Miss Universe collection. It is the most perfect shade of royal purple that in the light shines with the finest gold glitter.



I love it especially since it doesn't take 1,000,000 coats to get it to look right. You can do it in one or maybe two to get it a little darker.

The other color, which I haven't worn yet, so I don't have a picture is OPI "Sparrow Me The Drama" from the Pirates of the Caribbean collection, I guess for the new movie. I picked it because it is a muted lighter pink.



So my nail polish adventure came to a close and now I've started another day of general boredom. I have been obsessive with my use of StumbleUpon! (see my Links page) and today I found Nutella Mug Cake. Which really just tastes like chocolate cake.



I think the Nutella just adds more chocolate flavor and some moisture to the cake. Since you make this in the microwave, it is pretty prone to drying out, which I can tell while I'm eating it. It is good, but make sure to put some chocolate sauce swirl or chocolate chips, too to make it more moist. Good for a quick microwave treat.

I have actually found a lot of really cool stuff stumbling, so I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to find new things on the internet and try them out!


--
"heaven holds a place for those who pray"

No comments:

Post a Comment