Tuesday, August 9, 2011

heal the world

This week has been worse than the last time Corey was gone for training. I've been terribly bored and unmotivated to be productive at all.

Part of this may be that I am in a little depression having finished all the episodes of The Tudors (where I cried during the last episode like a fool). I'm looking for something to fill the void, but I'm not sure what that will be yet. Not much could top that as far as suiting my interests perfectly.

In my boredom, I went shopping around yesterday. Surprisingly to me, it was hard for me to even take interest in shopping around, which is NEVER a problem for me usually! I found nothing at TJMaxx. Never happens. Could not find a new phone case I liked at Best Buy. Not shocked on that one. Could not motivate myself to get anything at Victoria's Secret. Rarely happens.

So I settled on a pair of Toms shoes at Warren's. I have wanted a pair for a while, and I must say they are pretty cute and surprisingly comfortable. They feel too light to be as cushy as they are in the soles, and they actually have some attempts at arch support. I got the brown metallic tweed style. I think that is a new-ish style since looking at them on the website.



I will say this about buying Toms shoes: You really need to try on the specific pair you want! I do not recommend buying them off of the website for a few reasons. First they run surprisingly small. Now, you do want them to be a bit tight around the ball of the foot (across the tops of the toes) because the material stretches. I was told by the sales associate that they also stretch a bit at the heel, so if they are hard to get on at first, that is what you want. I would personally size it with the length of your foot to the length of the hard sole with about a quarter inch extra room on each end and that should be the right size.

Back to how small they run on top of that: I generally wear a 6.5 or 7 in all shoes. I own a wide variety of shoe styles, and all of them are one of those two sizes. I had to get a 7.5 to get the length right and still have tightness across the top of the foot and the heel when putting them on (which should resolve the more I wear them and they stretch). I was also told by the sales associate that all materials fit differently, so I would say even more so, based on that, if you are looking into buying this shoe, you should try them on in person!

In any case, I do really like them so far. I wear them without socks, and they are very comfortable. Plus they have a charity cause attached to them, so you'll be doing something nice for someone else in addition to yourself! No complaints there, for sure.



--
"there's a place in your heart, and I know that it is love"

No comments:

Post a Comment