Friday, August 5, 2011

shiver

We have internet again! Finally! They came out yesterday to install the fiber optics and the modem/router. It seriously took like 3 hours since they had to install the fiber optic box and the battery backups and rewire the phone jack to make it ethernet. Corey got home and set up our routers to expand the network of the all in one AT&T modem/router. By the time we got in bed, we had fabulous high speed internet thanks to U-verse!

Apartment is basically set up, and I am loving it! The way it is laid out doesn't make me think I live in a box, and seems more like a house inside than an apartment. It has high ceilings and lots of open space. I also like the location. It is set away from the interstate, and away from Wedington, so we don't hear police sirens, cars driving, or people yelling anymore. It is very quiet inside and apparently well insulated. I hardly ever hear anyone in the apartments around us except when I am walking in the hallway outside the apartment.

I will try to take some general pictures of the place and post a couple. For now I have this picture of Abigail's first day hanging out on the balcony. She surprisingly really enjoys it out there!



Another thing to note about recent events is that it is really effing hot outside! I wish I had a picture of when our thermometer was over 110. All I have is this picture of yesterday's mild 101.



--
"from the moment I wake, to the moment I sleep, I'll be there by your side"

No comments:

Post a Comment