Monday, August 15, 2011

clocks

Today started out great.

I got that lovely 5am call from work putting me on stand by. I got a few extra hours of sleep and snuggles, and then got called back in at 9:15. The unfortunate thing about coming in late from being on stand by is that you get all the new admissions. Which on day shift can be catastrophic depending on the type of patients you get. Fortunately, the Force was with me and I got a great group of post-op patients that made the day not so bad. I hope to get that same group tomorrow. They are fab.

Yesterday, I went grocery shopping without being budget conscious. It was wonderful. I got a ton of delicious food like black grapes, Nutella, OJ, butternut squash soup, Chai tea, Triscuit crackers, and lots of other yummies. It was my most satisfying shopping trip in quite some time. I'm eating Triscuits with Nutella as I type this. I just had to talk about that. For no particular reason.

I had a little something to talk about, but I'm afraid it's not really appropriate for this outlet. I will only say this: Be careful of sharing financial responsibilities with anyone. Including a close friend. I am talking specifically about sharing a residence and payments for it. If you can afford it, I recommend living alone. And don't be charitable when someone can't hold up their end of the bargain. Never say, "oh it's okay this time," because people will only take advantage of you from then on.

Live and learn, I suppose.

I can't wait for Corey to come home. I think he had an exciting day, too.


--
"cursed missed opportunities"

No comments:

Post a Comment