Monday, August 22, 2011

viva la vida

I've just come off working the worst weekend ever. Like holy crap.

Saturday got to a grand start when we were 2 nurses short on the floor. Meaning the charge nurse, Tina, took a full group of 6 patients and the rest of us took 7 (normal max is 6). And it wasn't a quiet weekend. All the crazy shit that could happen happened and everyone's unnecessarily overbearing family was there, too. Just to add fuel to the flames. They ended up calling in an admit-discharge (unheard of on the weekend) who was a huge blessing. Because of her, everything that needed to be done got done and I got to go home with a sliver of my sanity. Which I lost on Sunday. I got a whole new group where everyone was confused and incontinent. One was even combative and had to be moved to where he could have one on one attention. I got one immediately back (of course another bedrest total care), but she was the sweetest of the bunch and I was glad to have her.

Although, my Sunday ended splendidly. I got a surprise friendly face around 6:40pm. Corey drove up after work to see me and take me out to dinner at Mimi's Cafe. I was so happy to see him there after the weekend I had! My day was suddenly brighter and my patients and their families slightly less horrifying.

--

Today has been good so far. I've mostly just been relaxing, but I was productive in getting Abigail a bath. She hated it of course, but at least now she is clean and smells good.



This has clearly tired her out for the time being. After the torture of being de-shedded, bathed, brushed and made to relax outside on the porch to dry off, I guess she deserves a little nap. :)


--
"be my vision, my sword and shield"

No comments:

Post a Comment