Friday, November 26, 2010

strawberry swing

Thanksgiving was, as it is every year, one to remember.  Many things were different, but a lot was the same.  
We did what we always do:  ate way too much lunch, had conversation/nap time, watched football, played board games, caught up with each others' lives, and simply enjoyed each other's company.  
Things that were different:  Brandon wasn't there (we missed him for sure; he spent Thanksgiving with his new[ish] wife), everyone brought their significant other (we're totes growing up.. :)  Laura, Kate, and I brought boyfriends which was probably weirder for our parents than anyone else), we didn't all sleep at Aunt Beth's house (we always did that when we were kids; we would stay up and talk, play cards, and play N64).  
Growing up isn't scary, but what I'm afraid of is growing apart.  I love my family dearly and growing apart from them terrifies me.  I liked that we were still able to get together and spend time together like no time had passed at all.  I'll always cherish this Thanksgiving like I've always cherished all the ones before.


"the sky could be blue, I don't mind; without you it's a waste of time"

No comments:

Post a Comment