Wednesday, November 24, 2010

one time

I'm writing this blog as I skip class for my mental health. I think the University of Arkansas should adopt the policy of our local Fayetteville Public Schools and take the whole week off for Thanksgiving. That would be totes awesome. :)

I'm extremely excited about Thanksgiving this year (I always am, actually) after talking to my mama just now. We talked about the whens and wheres of travelling and seeing our various family members. Which is my favorite part of the holidays. I guess I just crave social interaction with the people I care about. I don't necessarily crave social interaction outside of that, but being with my family and closest friends is the most important thing in my life.

An interesting change this year in my holiday anticipation is that I am actually enjoying getting ready for Christmas. Here's the deal. I am a Christian and I love celebrating Jesus, but I don't like cheesy Christmas music and decorating and talking about Santa Claus and gifts. I like spending time with my family and going to church. This year, I happened to acquire someone in my life who is teaching me to enjoy the cheesy side of this holiday and really get into the Christmas spirit. And like it. Except taking pictures. I'll probably never like that. Let's just say that my mother and sister appreciate that my boyfriend has been a good influence on me in the "celebrating the holidays for half the year" department.

I'm happy. :)


"your world is my world; my fight is your fight"

No comments:

Post a Comment