Wednesday, November 24, 2010

God is a DJ

Today I took an exit survey for my Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, and it got me thinking. Graduation is in three weeks. In three weeks, I will be an RN. Granted, that is only a temporary license and I still have to take the licensure exam in January. This a huge step in my life. In three weeks, I will be done with formal education if I want to be. I'll be a third generation University of Arkansas graduate. Sometime in the next year and a half, I'll be able to walk around campus and find my name engraved in the sidewalk.

I have learned a lot in the past four and a half years. Much more than just what I was taught in class. I learned about people, love, and living. I had the best college career I could have asked for. I had a carefree freshman year, I was a member of the Razorback Marching Band (nothing like performing in front of 75,000 people every week at an SEC school leading your home crowd in support of the team), I joined Tau Beta Sigma National Honorary Band Sorority (I learned how to work with people in personal and professional relationships, I learned how to branch out and meet new people, I met most of my closest friends), and I found what I want to do with the rest of my life. I have the tools I need to be a responsible, professional, working adult. And I'll have stories to tell my children about ... when they're old enough. :)

I'm both excited and afraid of what the future holds, but I know it's going to be alright.


"life is a dance floor, love is the rhythm, you are the music"

No comments:

Post a Comment