Friday, September 23, 2011

resistance

Well, I never came up with anything good to talk about, but I figured I could ramble for a while like usual and that would make a passable blog post.

Last night I think my flu shot caught up with me and I had the "flu like symptoms" that can occur after getting the vaccine.  I had a low grade fever, headache, and I puked.  Yummy.  Felt like crap and didn't get to sleep until 2, so I called in before I went to bed.  Still felt crappy when I woke up, so I felt a little justified.  I always feel guilty calling in, because I know they are always short nurses.

Despite still feeling a little weak-stomached, I am trying to make a good dinner tonight for Corey.  He has had some crummy days at work, and today had to work from 8am-7pm.  Yuck.  I would not trade him jobs.  Nope.  No thank you.

I am making barbecue boneless pork ribs (thank you, Sam's Club; and thank you, Corey for getting us that membership <3) with macaroni and cheese and green beans (or "fine French beans" as the packaging says; I got apparently the industrial size bag of frozen green beans).






I am going to have to learn how to shop better at Sam's.  I think I got way too much food, and it didn't help that I was hungry when I went.  I feel like I got enough food to last the winter.  I'll figure this out someday.

Dinner is done, so now I wait.  I wish they let him out of work on time :(


--
"take us away from here, protect us from further harm"

No comments:

Post a Comment