Sunday, September 11, 2011

just a dream

A few things today.


1.
9/11/01






This day was terribly surreal.  I was only in the eighth grade, so I didn't quite understand the implications of what happened, but I knew that everything was going to be different from that day forward.  And it was.  The events that day and the actions of a few people rippled out so far and wide and affected things and people that we could not foresee and did not expect.  I'll never forget that day, nor will I forget the sense of togetherness I felt as a citizen of the US after we were attacked by terrorists.  This day taught me that as people, we have to love and take care of one another because anything can happen at any time.
Love thy neighbor.


2.
Second thing is a present I got myself this week.  




Lady Gaga heartbeats.  I had wanted these for quite some time, so the other day I decided to just get them.  I love them to death, and yes, I have listened to a lot of Lady Gaga through them :)


3.
Last thing is a meme.  Haven't done one in a while. :)
--
Obviously you're bored or you wouldn't be reading this. Now that you did, the rules are you MUST post your own answers! You must tag 5 people (not happening, obviously).

Favorite Color?
Yellow

Favorite Name?
Of what?  Let's go with girls' name:  Scarlett

Favorite Cartoon?
Scooby Doo

Favorite Ice Cream?
Chunky Monkey by Ben and Jerry's

Favorite Person?
Ruby Watson (my sister :) )

Favorite Number?
12

Favorite Store?

I have a lot of favorites:  Gap, Sephora, Antique stores, Mountain Man Gun & Pawn, TJMaxx, and probably a lot of others.  I really like to shop.

Favorite Sport?
To watch: College Football
To play: Softball

Favorite Animal?
All of 'em except spiders and snakes.  For real, though, I like monkeys and giraffes.  I love science and animals.
 
Favorite Food?
Grilled cheese

Favorite Drink?
Chocolate Milk.  Or coffee.  Or Green Machine Naked juice smoothie.
 
Favorite type of candy?
Jolly Rancher

Favorite Book?
Wuthering Heights.  Also like Harry Potter series, The Chronicles of Narnia, and Sense and Sensibility.
 
Favorite Magazine?
National Geographic

Favorite Flower?
Orchids of any kind or yellow roses.
 
Favorite Music?
Coldplay; favorite genre, I guess, is British alternative, but I am also known to love Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Justin Bieber.  And Relient K.

Favorite Movie?
It's a Wonderful Life

Favorite TV show?
House; also see:  The Tudors, Top Shot, COPS
 
Who you got this from?
Facebook friend, Geoff

--
"I was counting on forever, now I'll never know"


No comments:

Post a Comment