Sunday, December 12, 2010

oh! darling

I have never studied more for a test. This test is comprehensive over my entire nursing school career. I have taken six 60 question and one 90 question practice tests in the past three days. I'll re-take the three I got less than a 70% on tomorrow. The test is Tuesday. It determines if I graduate this program or not. It has more weighing on it than any test I have taken so far. I'll take another one of those in the next couple of months...the NCLEX...but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I'll find out the results of my interview with Mercy on Tuesday, also. That should be a big day for me, right? Could be really good or really bad. I would really like to get this job at Mercy. It was my first choice hospital and one of the jobs is in pediatrics which is my specialty of choice. I am extremely nervous about getting a job. It is probably my number one stressor right now.

In other news, this week, my roommate made some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies from scratch that may have been the best cookies I have ever eaten. It is an interesting type of cookie (I think a lot of people have never tried it!), but this recipe is so delicious! They baked perfectly, and I ate them compulsively the day she baked them. Here is the link to the recipe she used: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies They are amazing! The next cookies she's trying are white chocolate caramel. Can't wait! :)

This section I am writing for my boyfriend's benefit :) He made fun of me for blogging (even though he does stuff more worthy of poking fun at which I will detail shortly) and said I was writing about him, so of course, that's what I'm doing. He has a chat channel on geekshed.net that has scripted bots and lots of other nerdy kids that talk to each other on it. I'm on it, too, so I guess I can't make too much fun of him :). We use the chat room to promote his tech blog and website. The blog currently is taking every day to post about one great technology gift for Christmas. Today's gift is the iPhone 4, and tomorrow's will be a Neato Room Vacuum (like a Roomba). I follow him on here, but the link to his blog is here: The Underground . I'm also on his website which he uses to manage his chat channel and sort of advertise some services (hosting server space, making Flash stuff for websites, making logos, etc). He's still working on that, but it's coming along. I'm on there listed as his CFO :). Novice Productions . Fun, right?

To close, here's a little life lesson: cherish your closest friends. When people wrong you, cherish the friends you still have even more. And let them know it. :)


"please believe me, I'll never do you no harm"

No comments:

Post a Comment