Tuesday, April 26, 2011

praying for sunny days

It's been a long time since I updated. Obviously. Quite a bit has gone on in my sabbatical from blogging, though! I am now working at Mercy Medical Center as an RN. :) And yes, I did pass NCLEX first time! 220 questions into the test, mind you. Horrifying. The test definitely lived up to the hype about being a fairly terrifying experience. I am grateful I won't have to do that ever again. In any case, I am doing well as a new nurse and am fully off of my orientation period at the hospital. I love where I work, and I hope I don't have to leave any time soon!

In current events in Northwest Arkansas, it has been raining basically non-stop for a week. On Good Friday, we had several tornadoes and severe thunderstorms in the area, with a particularly ominous wall cloud passing over the hospital with some rotation in it, causing us to basically go into lockdown, not letting anyone - coworkers or patient family members - leave the building. In retrospect, since no tornadoes actually occurred in the Pinnacle/Rogers area, it was a rather exciting experience. Yesterday, I was at work during a ferocious flash flood of the entire area. I was able to get home since the flash flooding had gone down by 7:30pm when I left work, but many roads and homes were flooded all evening. Let's just say I am more than sick of spring severe weather and am ready for an Arkansas summer drought. I don't know what the deal is with our area and accumulation of excessive precipitation this year. (Recall the Snowpocalypse: 23 inches of snow, not fun)



The last bit of life update I will leave off with is a picture of our puppy, Abigail. She is seven months old and some kind of lab/other stuff mix. She is a very naughty puppy, very silly, but we love her. :)




"seeking the warmth of the solar rays"

No comments:

Post a Comment