Monday, December 6, 2010

firework

This is an update just to update.  Not much is going on except school right now.  I still don't have a job which is increasingly worrying to me.  There is not much I can do about that, though.  I do have a new graduate screening interview with Mercy on Thursday.  This isn't for a job, but "it is so when there are jobs available we know who to call."  That's what they said.

I finished critical care today.  I'm pretty sure I passed that test.  Not by much, though.  I didn't get enough studying in, I think.  I have a test tomorrow that should be easier and a paper due by the end of the weekend.  Then I have the end-of-program comprehensive standardized test next Wednesday.  That should be interesting.

There was one thing that happened last week that, I guess, can be classified under life-lessons learned.  I found out just how hateful and low people can be when they hold a personal grudge against you (or someone you care about).  When it is some of your closest friends who do it to you, how do you respond to that?  How do you know who to trust.  We're still figuring this situation out, but it definitely shows you how many of your friends know the true meaning of friendship.  It's the people who tell you when you're about to be stabbed in the back (even though they were told not to or else suffer consequences) because it's the right thing to do.  But I digress.

Corey and I made another adventure to Das Fort (aka Fort Smith) yesterday.  My mom bought everyone in our family tickets to see A Christmas Carol which was put on by my home church.  I thought it was great!  I love A Christmas Carol...it's usually a goal of mine to see it once a year.  I have a few Christmas season traditions and that is one of them.  Here soon it will be high time for me to watch It's A Wonderful Life for the first time this Christmas season!  It is my all-time favorite movie, and I am going to try to persuade Corey to watch it with me.

"ignite the light and let it shine, just own the night like the fourth of July"

No comments:

Post a Comment