Thursday, February 23, 2012

set fire to the rain

My first post-apocalyptic blog post.

I mean....

My first post after I started my new job :)

I am working in the pre-op area of an outpatient surgery center.  It is so fun!  I basically prep patients for surgeries.  For example, I help get them properly dressed, start IVs, have consents signed, give kids "Goofy Juice" a. k. a. Versed (a magical drug!), run labs, and whatever else needs to be done for their specific surgery.  At some point I will learn recovery room, but for now, I am doing pre-op.

My before and after pictures:




I am missing my friends at my old job quite a bit.  I have thought about asking to be a volunteer nurse on the floor to help with admits and discharges.

I am loving having a Monday through Friday job.  I think working every day and having a consistent schedule makes the week go by faster, and I don't feel as tired!  Even though I arrive at work at 0530 now :)

This afternoon has been pretty lazy.  Just watching Abigail be lazy and listening to Corey's dub-step radio station on Spotify while he works.



--
"until you kissed my lips and you saved me"

No comments:

Post a Comment