Friday, October 14, 2011

workin' for a livin'

Things lately have been borderline good and bad.  I'll only list off and talk about the good things, though. I never meant this blog to be a place where I complain about life.

1.  Well, Corey got a new car.  New to him.  It's a 2008 Mitsubishi Galant.  Certainly an upgrade from his truck.  He feels so great now having a reliable mode of transportation.  I have to say I'm jealous of the reliable transportation bit.  My car has been iffy for a long time, and I'm hoping it's my turn soon to get a new car.

2.  I upgraded to iOS 5.  It is totally awesome.  I like the new notifications.  I LOVE iCloud.  My favorite feature of iCloud is syncing my calendar.  That is such a beautiful thing.  iMessage is really fun.  Corey and I message each other across the apartment from my iPhone to his iPad.  I just love everything about it.  Now if I could only pair it with a new iPhone 4s with the awesome camera and Siri.  Wouldn't I love having a personal assistant to talk to and control my iPhone that way?  I'm way jealous of the folks getting that phone today.

3.  Work is still good and bad.  Good thing is, I'm starting to get to precept new nurses, so I make more money and have better days at work.  Love that.  Bad thing is, more nurses keep leaving, so we're more short-staffed.  That sucks majorly.  I'm scheduled to take the nurse preceptor class in January, though, so maybe I'll be assigned a regular orientee and keep that bigger hourly wage on a regular basis.  That would be fabulous.  And my clinical ladder bonus is coming up in January.  That will be a down payment on a new car for me.  I hope so, anyway.

I've had more and more days in between posting lately.  I'm not sure why (too busy?  unmotivated?  boring life?), but I am going to attempt to be more consistent.  I'll find some piece of new to discuss at least briefly.


--
"some days won't end ever, some days pass on by"

No comments:

Post a Comment